Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Christmas Decorations Are Still Up

My Christmas decorations are still up...for several reasons.


  1. I ALWAYS leave them up until after Russian Christmas.
  2. To put them away I need to go to the storage unit.  That is ALL THE WAY down the hall!
  3. Putting decorations away is one of those projects that explodes in the process...things get a lot worse before they get better.
  4. Because of #3, the entire apartment must be clean before I begin putting away decorations.
  5. I want to change the way I'm storing some of my ornaments. Last year I outgrew the 2 Rubbermaid totes I use to store Christmas things in.  I added one, smaller, clear plastic bin for some ornaments, and I think I'd like to add at least one more.  This will free up room in the totes for other things...maybe some holiday dishes.  Anyway, I need to go to The Container Store before I can start putting anything away...can't put things away if I don't have the right containers.
  6. They're so pretty!

What I should be doing is at least working on #4. Especially because I have Melissa visiting later this week!  What am I doing instead?  I watched the last half of Julie and Julia on Tivo (as in, I never saw the first half, but came in part way through the other night and decided to hit record).  In true Katrina fashion, I started researching Julia Child and the book while I was watching the movie.  The book Julie and Julia has been sitting here waiting for me to read it for months, but now I know that it's a true story.  Or at least...I'm fairly certain it's a true story (I guess it could be a really well set up fake story).  Apparently, I didn't spend that much time researching.

Ugh - I'm so behind on reading...but that's a different story!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com