Thursday, June 7, 2012

Even More Dreams

Eyes out, hair up, SYTYCD on.

I've had a few more dreams...

In one I started off as pregnant, but I didn't look pregnant.  So much so that at one point in the dream I thought "am I really pregnant?"  Later in  the dream I had a baby boy named Julian.  Interestingly, I've had a dream before where I had a baby (don't know if it was a boy or a girl) and the baby's LAST name was Purdue.

In this recent dream I was being attacked.  This has also been a recent theme, but I'll come back to that.  What's been nice is that in all of these recent being-attacked dreams, I haven't been scared.  As in, they are not nightmares.  In this dream, I was in a car with my mom and the baby, and people came up to the car and started stealing stuff from the trunk.  I had to get out and shoo them away, and then I told my mom she wasn't allowed to park in that parking lot anymore.  (I have a feeling this setting was due to the recent shootings in Seattle.  There was a car jacking/shooting that happened not to far where I live/work.)

Then, last night I had a dream that I woke up at 8:30am for a 9am meeting in Tukwila...then when I got there, the meeting was 3 hours late.  Luckily, I didn't REALLY wake up at 8:30 for my 9am meeitng.  I woke up at 6am.

Lately I've actually been going to bed at a normal time. I don't think I'm really a fan, but that's a story for another time.

Oh!  The other attack dreams.  I had a dream where I was going to be attacked (obviously).  I was siting in my car in a wooded area (why was I there?!?) and there were these people running toward the car.  I knew they were coming to get me (and not just running toward me.  I woke up...and all of the sudden I could FEEL the adrenaline spreading through my arms and legs.  It was early...maybe around 4am? but I just stayed awake because I figured, with the adrenaline there was no way I was falling back asleep.

Then it happened AGAIN - maybe a week or so later.  I was being attacked on the street in that dream.  I MADE myself fall asleep again that time though, because when I woke up (and felt the adrenaline rush) I looked at the clock and I had only been asleep for TWO HOURS.  Ugh.

I've been having the most interesting dreams lately.  I think it's because I actually set my alarm for an hour to an hour and a half before I need to wake up.  and I think it's in that last hour that I have dreams that I remember because I'm not going back into a deep sleep.

To be clear - the adrenaline dreams are in a separate category from the other dreams I've been writing about recently. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com